Saturday, December 08, 2007
Sunday, August 19, 2007
RECEIVES MAYORAL PROCLAMATION
Just before the nature program at the
Saturday, January 27, 2007
1. 30% recycled fly ash concrete drive
2. Zero waste cellulose blown in insulation
3. Tankless instant / on demand hot water heating
4. Energy star rated windows
5. High SEER HVAC
6. Walls made of pressed sunflower hulls and wheat straw
7. Reused greenhouse saved from being buried in a C&D landfill
8. Zero VOC / zero silica paint (interior)
9. Low flow instant on/off fixtures in public areas (motion sensing so kids cant leave them on)
10. Low flow toilets
11. Non chlorinated drinking water from our own well
12. Low PVC content in building
13. No PVC content in drinking water system
14. 100% reused seating for 99 program attendees
15. 100% reused shelving from a local store that went out of business
16. Shell of building renovated - 80% reused, core 50%. (This was not new construction but a renovation)
17. Resident beaver population 2 and growing...
18. Certainly the stream of environmental education based programs that have been ongoing for over 6 years adds a layer of greeness as well!
19. More soon... the process continues!
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Friday, April 07, 2006
Here she is! Looking good and painted w/ bare naked landscaping! Its getting close to the time for finishing touches!!
Click here for a slideshow of the construction progress.
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Moebius Ground Breaking Photo!
Left to right starting with the back row: Bill Pogue, Mayor Lynn McGill, Walter Chapman, Bill & Viia Beechler, Mark Horne, Keith Miller.
Left to right front row: Earl Biederman, George & Ann Chapman, Margi & John McDonald, Bob Luckay, Rebecca & Stephen Gang with their two daughters.